SaabCentral Forums banner
4021 - 4040 of 4065 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Well, I wanted to wait until she was truly finished to do a bit of a write up, but I'm leaving the country for a while and figured now is as good a time as any. Acquired this beauty in a trade for a Z28 Camaro 4L60E transmission. It's an '05 Arc that was not well taken care of. Lots of paint cracked or chipped, I plan to repaint her. Didn't run, and had a slew of issues so I got to work. She's had a hard life, but she's in loving hands now. There is much more to come after March, but here's what we have so far:
R1 Concepts drilled and slotted all the way around
DO88 Intake Pipe
Maptun Intake Filter
JT 3" downpipe w/ 100cpsi cat
Custom exhaust from Big Al's Mufflers
Maptun short shifter
Momo shift knob (+15hp)
The plan is an E85 Maptun stage 4 conversion when I return
Now problems fixed:
Engine was sludged
Pivot push to start installed due to inability to get past the ignition issues along with steering wheel lock failure
Cloyes Timing Chain/Balance Shaft Chain kit (replaced all hardware)
All coil packs were toast and replaced
Fuel system flush (Still need to replace pump and sending unit as the car doesn't show fuel level)
Brake flush
Half the vacuum lines were rotted, so I replaced all of them
Brake booster vacuum pump
Crank Position sensor
Finally the suspension is starting to go, so will be getting a KW Coilover kit
Sorry the pictures are small. Don't know why it won't let me upload the full size.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,811 Posts
Well, I wanted to wait until she was truly finished to do a bit of a write up, but I'm leaving the country for a while and figured now is as good a time as any. Acquired this beauty in a trade for a Z28 Camaro 4L60E transmission. It's an '05 Arc that was not well taken care of. Lots of paint cracked or chipped, I plan to repaint her. Didn't run, and had a slew of issues so I got to work. She's had a hard life, but she's in loving hands now. There is much more to come after March, but here's what we have so far:
R1 Concepts drilled and slotted all the way around
DO88 Intake Pipe
Maptun Intake Filter
JT 3" downpipe w/ 100cpsi cat
Custom exhaust from Big Al's Mufflers
Maptun short shifter
Momo shift knob (+15hp)
The plan is an E85 Maptun stage 4 conversion when I return
Now problems fixed:
Engine was sludged
Pivot push to start installed due to inability to get past the ignition issues along with steering wheel lock failure
Cloyes Timing Chain/Balance Shaft Chain kit (replaced all hardware)
All coil packs were toast and replaced
Fuel system flush (Still need to replace pump and sending unit as the car doesn't show fuel level)
Brake flush
Half the vacuum lines were rotted, so I replaced all of them
Brake booster vacuum pump
Crank Position sensor
Finally the suspension is starting to go, so will be getting a KW Coilover kit
Sorry the pictures are small. Don't know why it won't let me upload the full size.
Nice! Did you do the stereo conversion or did someone else?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Nice! Did you do the stereo conversion or did someone else?
I started it half-cocked before I realized that I wasn't well equipped enough to finish the job, so had AudioOne finish up the fitment. Wiring was super easy, though. Almost went for a double din and decided against it at the last second.

·
Super Moderator
20,436 Posts
hells yes

·
Registered
35 Posts
I got the Bilstein B4's installed about a month ago and so far I've been loving it. Coupled with the Eibach's the ride is still pretty comfy but much more controlled than stock. I know some folks here had concerns about bottoming out the shocks using lowering springs but I've hit some serious potholes and cornered hard with zero issues.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I got the Bilstein B4's installed about a month ago and so far I've been loving it. Coupled with the Eibach's the ride is still pretty comfy but much more controlled than stock. I know some folks here had concerns about bottoming out the shocks using lowering springs but I've hit some serious potholes and cornered hard with zero issues.
That's good to hear. I'm running the Eibach springs on my (old) OEM shocks (as allowed by Eibach, the springs were made for this). Nice to know that the B4s are a good option that work with the Eibachs, for when the time comes to replace my shocks...

·
Registered
821 Posts
That's good to hear. I'm running the Eibach springs on my (old) OEM shocks (as allowed by Eibach, the springs were made for this). Nice to know that the B4s are a good option that work with the Eibachs, for when the time comes to replace my shocks...
Hmm not familiar with the b4s I've been looking at the b8's

·
Super Moderator
9,811 Posts
Yea, after posting that I looked up the differences. Terribly stiff? I want the konis but I can't find anyplace that has then in stock.

Any other struts out there meant to be used with springs you'd suggest?
I'd go either B4 with Eibach or B6 with H&R/Vogtland.

·
Super Moderator
9,811 Posts
I have a brand new set of h&r springs but I thought the b8 was the only bilstein meant for lowering springs?
B6 would be for lowering springs but the B4 are good enough to handle the mild drop of Eibach. B8 is heavy duty

·
Registered
2003 Saab 9-3 Linear
85 Posts
Hello all! I'm new to SC and new to Saab ownership. I just picked up a 2003 9-3 linear with 109k on the clock for $600! I work at a Saab repair shop here in CT and couldn't be happier to join the Saab family. I have plans for a few cosmetic improvements on this car, but body wise there is no damage or rust!
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car Tire Wheel

4021 - 4040 of 4065 Posts