SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this code today. P2310: ignition coil primary control circuit high.
Wtf does that mean? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
536 Posts
The Saab WIS says there is an issue with ignition coil on cylinder 4. It says to check the wiring harness. Check for cracks or loose connector.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks ill check it out. 4th coil is a brand new one. Think the harness/connection would be hard to change?
Maybe anything else I should check.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Didn't do anything and the code is now gone. Car still shakes under acceleration. Have not been able to make it throw a check engine light though. Yesterday it was saying cylinderr 1misfire but coil and plugs are fine. That code is gone also.
Im so confused

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Try pulling off the connector and re-seating it as others have said, could just be a loose connection. Would make sense given that you said they were just replaced. Maybe it just didn't get plugged in all the way?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had done that yesterday, tried it again right now. I noticed the bolt to the 4th coil was stripped. Is that the ground for it? I have swapped scresws and its now in tight. Will drive in a few minutes and hope all is fine. Stg2 is back in :)

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh and the wires all look fine, I checked them pretty good in my opinion. Made just they werent caught under the cover either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts