SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own a Viggen and am thinking that my next car just might be a 9.3 SS CV. As much as I love the Viggen, I'd never own a CV version of the car....drove a few and that whole dashboard movement while under WOT is just too much for me....the car's chassis just sucks!

So my question is:
Is the 9.3 SS CV really a 4 seater?

The reason I ask, is I just recently saw one in a parking lot, looking all sexy, until I walked up to it and saw that there was NO leg room in the rear. I'm 6' and I do carry passengers. Not having a roof rack for bikes and kayaks is a pain, but not being able to seat people, who actually have legs, in the rear is unacceptable. I'd like to hear from those who've lived with the car...
thanks,
Robert

·
Registered
557 Posts
When my parents come to visit me in Sweden there are of course three of us. We even use my car to go traveling so it is three plus luggage. It is just fine and we even manage to be able to put the roof down when traveling.

I have had the occasion to carry 4 people multiple times. They fit just fine. The last incident I needed to get three guys to the train station. Two guys were of average height/build and sitting in the rear. I am average height/large build and was driving. The fourth was a 7 foot tall baseball player. We fit perfectly although I did have the roof down for headroom.

I have even been in the backseat on multiple occasions because others wanted to drive my car. It is cozy, but still enough room back there for two people.

It is certainly less room than you would find in a 9-3 sedan, but it is very workable and truly a four seater in my opinion.

·
Registered
142 Posts
It works very well for average sized people. 4 people under 6 feet will fit comfortably. If the driver is above 6 feet and has a low rider driving position, the person sitting behind him better be a young child or have no legs.

The fact is, it is still one of the most spacious non-super-luxurious (Rolls Royce/Bentley) you can buy....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts