SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Test drove this car (9-3 Arc SS). Liked it a lot. Except for one thing.

Did a little bit of semi-hard cornering toward the end of the test drive. Noticed my back slid from side to side quite a bit in the leather seats. Seemed like it could get a bit annoying. Anyone else have this experience-or am I overstating this problem? Common in other cars as well? I'm coming from a car with cloth seats.

Posted this in the wrong forum before. I apologize for reposting (rather than waiting for the thread to be moved), but I probably need to make a purchase decision by tomorrow so I'm in a bit of a hurry.

Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
111 Posts
A friend of mine who happens to be on this board also with an Arc has mentioned this a lot. I slid around on the Arc that I drove, but its not enough to keep me from getting one. I didn't like how the Aero's seats were easy to rub on when entering/exiting the car... it seems to me that they would wear quickly.
~D.J.~

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Part of the reason I went with a Vector (Aero) instead of a Arc with sport package was the more supportive seats (in addition to the wonderful aero trim).

I came from a 3000GT SL and a 2001 CL-S, which both had awesome seats in terms of comfort and lateral support. My first test drive in a 9-3 was an Arc and I wasn't real thrilled with the seats.

·
Registered
609 Posts
You could always get something like this!:lol: J/K!

Go for the Aero. It's well worth the increase in cost! You get a sunroof for free, better seats, silver interior trim, 17" wheels, sport suspension, and the lovely Aero body kit . Absolutely a bargain in my book. If you add the 17" wheels and the sunroof to the Arc, you are only paying $600 for all the other goodies...

Although I drive a Linear because that's all I could afford!:cheesy:

·
Registered
437 Posts
yeah, it happens to me also, but not enough to prevent from buying.

also when cornering too fast I tend to slow down thinking the car is not holding, when actually it is me sliding in the seat. too funny.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts