SaabCentral Forums banner

3201 - 3215 of 3215 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,272 Posts
It really depends on your suspension setup and your wheel widths (therefore your tire widths). If you're stock, you can go to town on offset/spacers. If you're lowered with H&R/Eibach/Vogtland/Megan/etc, then you need to be a bit more careful with final offset. If you're slammed on coilovers, forget it. On a 8.5" wheel with 235s, ET35-36 is as far as you can go. You will rub the outer fender with anything more than that. With 8" wheel and 225 tires, you can go a little lower but you lose a bit of ride comfort.

·
Registered
396 Posts
It really depends on your suspension setup and your wheel widths (therefore your tire widths). If you're stock, you can go to town on offset/spacers. If you're lowered with H&R/Eibach/Vogtland/Megan/etc, then you need to be a bit more careful with final offset. If you're slammed on coilovers, forget it. On a 8.5" wheel with 235s, ET35-36 is as far as you can go. You will rub the outer fender with anything more than that. With 8" wheel and 225 tires, you can go a little lower but you lose a bit of ride comfort.
I do want to share my own experiences with an 8.5" wheel and 235 tires. My final offset of 31 in these pictures has absolutely zero rubbing issues with my Koni/Vogtland suspension setup.

My last summer setup had an 8.5" wheel (albeit with 225 tires) but a final offset of 26 in the front, and a 9.5" wheel (again with 225's) and final offset of 28 in the back, again with no rubbing at all. That's as far as I would push it though, and i believe the only way I managed it was because of the skinnier tires. I've since sold these wheels, as I think they were poking a bit farther than I would have liked, which is why I'm partial to a final et of 30 for an 8.5".

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys new to the Saab forum in the market for some new tyres I have my eyes on the bf Goodrich comp2 225/45/17r looking to stretch the tyres but I'm not sure what would be a good look on my 2005 Saab 93 ARC I'm thinking a set of 17x8or 8.5 or 8 even 9 not sure with the whole deal just looking for some input if anyone has done stretched on the 9-3 and what offsets should I be looking out for

·
Registered
1 Posts
My last summer setup had an 8.5" wheel (albeit with 225 tires) but a final offset of 26 in the front, and a 9.5" wheel (again with 225's) and final offset of 28 in the back, again with no rubbing at all. That's as far as I would push it though, and i believe the only way I managed it was because of the skinnier tires. I've since sold these wheels, as I think they were poking a bit farther than I would have liked, which is why I'm partial to a final et of 30 for an 8.5".
Hi, what's the name of the wheels in the 2nd picture? Looking great! ;ol;

3201 - 3215 of 3215 Posts