SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

I'm trying to find some information how far we can go with tuning (if any), on the xwd 2.0.
Is there anyone who owns one/or tuned such car, and could tell us how it has been and what are the limitations in making more power on these cars?
BSR site shows that they won't go beyond stage 2 on XWD but on the other hand TurboX runs fine and has 300KM and 400NM, some of them even more.
Is there any difference in Haldex on 2.0 and Haldex on 2.8 ?
Any experience in this field?

thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,696 Posts
Haldex on 2.0 is non-eLSD if I’m not mistaken. TurboX runs a different motor (2.8L V6) and bigger turbo. I had a 2.0 in my wife’s NG 9-5 and we were able to get that up to 260 HP with VTuner without any additional work. The ATS/Regal guys are dialing up the 2.0 to over 300 HP so it’s definitely doable with methanol, custom down pipe, etc.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.
The main thing I've been wondering and it's not clear - according to BSR site there're less tune possibilies for 2.0 XWD than FWD. You can't go further than stage 2 (388NM), while to the normal 2.0 FWD car BSR offers stage 3 and 420NM, so at first glance it's the drivetrain that makes the difference. But, on the other hand, according to the same BSR site, TurboX which has same XWD system that 2.0 has, is able to handle 488NM (non eLSD makes such a difference?). I know that bigger numbers are due to different engine mainly, but it's clearly visible that Haldex doesn't seem to be a problem there.
Or I missing something ? Just my thoughts

·
Super Moderator
1,696 Posts
The eLSD was designed to handle the torque of the V6, not to mention heavier cars like the NG 9-5 and 9-4X. That said, it looks like Maptun offers tuning on your car up to 335 HP, but it’ll need a lot of work to get there (forged pistons, etc).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Haldex on 2.0 is non-eLSD if I’m not mistaken. TurboX runs a different motor (2.8L V6) and bigger turbo. I had a 2.0 in my wife’s NG 9-5 and we were able to get that up to 260 HP with VTuner without any additional work. The ATS/Regal guys are dialing up the 2.0 to over 300 HP so it’s definitely doable with methanol, custom down pipe, etc.
In 2010 for the US market, elsd was included in 9-3 Aero and 9-3X models.
These were both equipped with the 2.0 engine.

·
Super Moderator
1,696 Posts
In 2010 for the US market, elsd was included in 9-3 Aero and 9-3X models.
These were both equipped with the 2.0 engine.
Correct, but not all 9-3’s with XWD had eLSD. See attached.
5B42BC89-D6BB-4160-BED6-9504B662E274.jpeg

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I found on Maptun website, that 2.0 T XWD can get even stage 6 - 335bhp and 450Nm. That's nice already.
Anyone knows what makes the torque 'only' 450Nm? There is quite a lot mods for this tune, but as for this power, we get quite low torque values. The gearbox is the restriction or something else?

·
Super Moderator
1,696 Posts
Drivetrain torque capacity limitations.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, but.... if the drivetrain is the same as in TurboX, than shouldn't it cope with this torque with ease...?

·
Super Moderator
1,696 Posts
Ok, but.... if the drivetrain is the same as in TurboX, than shouldn't it cope with this torque with ease...?
I think you should just do it. Once you start modifying cars, all bets are off anyways. When you start finding weak links you can either find ways to beef them up or just drive accordingly to avoid issues.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts