SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am relatively new to Saabcentral having purchased a 2001 Viggen convert this past November. After reading through 100s of posts and gathering the wisdom of everyone here, I started to accumulate the various parts to transfor the Viggen's handling. So far I added the Genuinesaab torque bar, 22MM RSB and poly engine mount. I have sitting in my garage waiting to be installed:
- Front end poly bushings - every location
- Koni adjustables
- SS brake lines
- BBS RK Wheels (2 of the stock wheels wobble a bit)
- Genuinesaab 6 point chassis brace
- Genuinesaab strut tower brace

Here is my question. I feel the front end is soft and want to stiffen the springs a bit without lowering the car any further. (I already scrape the front spoiler exiting my driveway.) I noticed on the "The Saab Site" parts listing under suspension and related several different front springs for the viggen:
Viggen 3/5 door - CC
Viggen 3/5 door - CD
Viggen Convert - CE
Viggen Convert - CF

Does anyone know what these codes mean as far as spring lenght and stiffness? I am hoping one of these will be a bit stiffer than what is on the car and give me that extra stiffness I am looking for.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
This is sort of a silly question. Just put the stuff you got on, then think whether or not you need different springs. With all that stuff you are putting in, I would strongly suggest you get a mouthpiece, you will need it. :) Tell me, I just installed the same items (no 6 pt subframe, but a subframe brace neverthesless) in the last few months.

Regards from San Francisco!

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
Where's the Viggen Rescue Kit, the steering rack mount and brace?

I'd do that before anything else....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, the brace (I called it a torque bar) was the first item I installed. It only took one drive to recognize the need for more control.

Anyway, the thought that I will need braces is of little concern. If I wanted a limo, I would have bought a Z!

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
How much lower is the Viggen sopposidly in the front compared to a regular 9-3? You may be able to put in some Eibachs or something. They lower a regular 9-3 1.2", but the Viggen would have less of an effect, sicne it is already lowered. You understand what I mean, or does this make no sense?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
well, i think on genuine it says 35 mm drop for reg 9-3s and 15mm drop for viggens, so that means 20 mm. but i also read somewhere the vig was only 10mm lower. one of those two.:confused:

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
so Paul, if you want stiffer front springs, then Eibach will work. And the car will only be 1 cm lower. There are other spring companies of course, but most of them lower more than the Eibachs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think the viggen is 25mm lower than standard with most of the lowering springs dropping the car by 35 to 40 mm. The eibachs or intrax are probably my next best alternative to the stock Viggen springs.

Thanks for all of your comments.

I'll post some picts as the work progresses.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts