SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my driver's door is stuck in the locked position, it refuses to open. I'm getting tired of climbing in/out through the passenger door :-(

The tab pops up/down, but neither the inside/outside handle will open the door. I've tried hitting it with an open hand at the same time as I hit the unlock button on my fob, but succeeded only in denting the door and hurting my hand.

For a week or so it would fail to open on the first try, but opened eventually after hitting the unlock button 2-3 times on my fob.

Now it's been locked for a week, and I dread trying to get the door card off with the door stuck shut.

All the other doors lock/unlock without problems.

Can anyone help?

·
Super Moderator
19,619 Posts
Take the door panel off and start snooping.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll try tomorrow - very difficult to get the panel off without damage when the door can't be opened!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the door card off at the cost of some broken press-studs.

Question now is what to do with the lock to get it to open? I found some water on top of it, though it seems well sealed. I spent a good 40 minutes with a hairdryer in the hope that it might come back to life, but no luck so far. When I trigger the central locking, the lock tab pops up/down, but the door remains locked, neither the inside/outside handle opens it. (the other 3 doors work as normal)

Has anyone had problems with locks seizing?

There are 7 contacts on the motor/lock assembly (see connector.jpg attached).

I've also attached a page from the WIS - am I right in thinking that there should be some combination of pins in the connector that I can feed current to - as a final attempt to get the door open before I contemplate paying a dealership or wrecking the lock?

This is the pin-out from the WIS page:
Code:
Pin   Signal type                                       Description
1     Ground                                            Common ground to the switches
2     Ground                                            Signal circuit, ground in TSL active position 
4     B+ with unlocking                                 Lock motor common
      Ground with locking
6     B+ with TSL active                                TSL lock motor
      Ground with TSL unlocking
7     Ground in unlocked position                       Switch, locked/unlocked
      Ground via a resistance in the locked position
8     Ground via a resistance when the door is open     Door switch
      A further resistance is connected in parallel
      with the previous when the door is closed.
9     B+ with locking                                   Lock motor
      Ground with unlocking
All observations are welcome...

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts