SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Saab 9 3. We changed the battery and afterward the date reset. I was able to set the time, but I can't figure out how to set the date. Any help would be great! Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
jparrish said:
I have a Saab 9 3. We changed the battery and afterward the date reset. I was able to set the time, but I can't figure out how to set the date. Any help would be great! Thanks!
Make it display date, then press "set" for several seconds until it responds (either a beep or flashing numbers). Use "+" or "-" to adjust.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do I make it display date? There is no button for date. I got the time set, but I couldn't get it to let me get to a point where I could set the date.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Either by pressing dot or arrowhead button. Can't remember which one but pressing either of them will let you cycle through a handful of display items.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know this forum is for the older cars, but this first-time poster (or someone who finds this via a Google search) may have a newer 9-3.

On my 2003 9-3 Sport Sedan turn the info knob/button clockwise until the SID displays the date, then press and hold the info knob/button until it beeps, and then you can edit the date parameters.

·
Registered
498 Posts
what year is your car?

on my 2001 there is a screen that has the temperature and date. on that screen i hold set for a few seconds, there's a beeb, and the year begins to blink. using the buttons with a + or - sign (depending if you need to go up or down, it's almost always up on year) adjust the year, then hit set once, the month blinks, choose the month, hit set the day blinks, set the day. hit set again and you should be done.

·
Registered
13 Posts
what year is your car?

on my 2001 there is a screen that has the temperature and date. on that screen i hold set for a few seconds, there's a beeb, and the year begins to blink. using the buttons with a + or - sign (depending if you need to go up or down, it's almost always up on year) adjust the year, then hit set once, the month blinks, choose the month, hit set the day blinks, set the day. hit set again and you should be done.
I have a 1999 model and I don't have a set button, it looks like this guy's photo:

http://www.pixelfix.net/eng/images/Saab_SID_after_LCD_display_pixel-repair.jpg

Original poster probably has the same SID. There was an update, iirc.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you still have all the original owners manuals, everything you're looking for will be in there as well.
I dunno if it's the original manual, but it also refers to a set button that's not there (maybe it's on the old stereo unit somewhere?). I dare say jparrish is experiencing the same problem. One could set the date, but it would involve holding down the + button until it fast-forwards through every hour from Dec 31.

·
Registered
12,793 Posts
For the SID1 with no set button hold clear and one of the arrows iirc its the down arrow (when the date is displayed) to start setting the date, pressing clear jumps from each section.
Pressing clear and the other arrow will allow you to toggle language and units.b

·
Registered
13 Posts
Cheers Jake, I'll try that. Bob, the Clear button during the temperature display didn't work as described and simply cleared the SID data after a few seconds like it normally would - I think there must be quite a bit of variation in units.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anarchisttomato I have a 99 9³ and hitting the clear and down arrow at the same time will bring up the year then hitting the clear button will cycle you through the dates and months.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts