SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I replaced my ignition coils and while doing the rear coils, I ended up braking couple of hoses (see attached picture). Any idea what they are so I can buy the parts to replace them, AND what would be a temporary or easy fix for now.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
20,203 Posts
JB Weld.

·
Registered
951 Posts
JB Weld/Plastic weld...I would also replace the hard lines with flexible universal fuel/vacuum hoses. I repaired mine that way 2 years ago and I have not had to use my brand new oem hose that I got from eEuroparts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. I tried JB weld on the the broken hose close to the windshield (that was easy) and that fix seem to have worked. The other broken piece where the tubing broke at the fitting that directly connects to the engine block was very tough to glue together. I think I had enough JB weld on the broken joint to have a good seal, but I wasn't quite convinced with the patch job. I ended up looking for replacement parts. I had a tough time looking for the part number of the broken piece that connects to the engine block. It was 55556698 (Venturi brake booster vacuum hose), but eeuroparts didn't have it in stock. After searching, found that Cadillac SRX uses the same part. I ordered it from wholesalegmparts.com hoping to get it soon, but it looked like I wasn't getting anytime soon, so had to search for another source (need to get this fix ASAP and I didn't trust my patch job). Went to a local GM/Cadillac dealer and they got the part for me in a day. It wasn't in stock but they were able to overnight ship from Michigan. I also ordered the other (Y) tubing piece 12847287 from eeuroparts, since I eventually want to replace my patch job. Picked ground shipping, but got them early (I love eeuroparts!). Put them all back today, and everything seems to be back in order.

Lesson learned: Need to disconnect the hard lines (from the quick disconnect joints) before manipulating them to access the ignition coils. I think that the hard lines are fine (soft tubing are fine too). I didn't see any cracks on other parts of the hard lines. It just happen to break on the pivot points when I moved the block (with the two nipples). Could have prevented it if I disconnected the quick disconnects (I guess that was the reason for having them in the first place). Anyway, i don't expect to move these lines often so I'm keeping them as hard lines.

Again, thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts