SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1996 saab 900s, and im going to buy some parts from a guy parting out his 2000 9-3 with the 2.0l engine, i really need to get these parts, will they all fit
Rear gas shocks (Trunk Hydraulics/ Actuators)
Upper Idler Pulley
Tensioner Pulley
Driver-Side Mirror
Driver-Side Inner Door Panel
Font Seats and back seats
Cruise Control Switch
Saab Emblems
Rear Brake Rotors/ Calipers
Hand Break Assembly
Shock Absorbers Front/ Back
Trunk Lid

·
Registered
378 Posts
not sure about the other parts, but they redesigned the suspension for '99, so I dont think the shocks & struts would fit properly... which you can get for $180-ish for KYB for a whole set anyway...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yah im getting a ton of parts real cheap off of the 9-3 parts car, wich is in almost new exterior condition, and the interor is prety much flawless, it just has a super screwed up engine, aperantly the engine was ran dry and was seized, ohh is it possible to take the turbo from that and put it in my saab 900 non turbo?

·
Registered
378 Posts
ohh is it possible to take the turbo from that and put it in my saab 900 non turbo?
1) you dont want a turbo from an engine that was run dry. It is likely also suffering the effects...

2) You could convert, but it would be a big job. You need all of the engine peripherals from the turbo, plus the ECU. I did a turbo conversion on another car (not SAAB) and while it was satisfying to have accomplished it, it would have been easier and cheaper to just buy one that already had a turbo.

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
i have a 1996 saab 900s, and im going to buy some parts from a guy parting out his 2000 9-3 with the 2.0l engine, i really need to get these parts, will they all fit
Rear gas shocks (Trunk Hydraulics/ Actuators) YES
Upper Idler Pulley Not really
Tensioner Pulley Not really
Driver-Side Mirror Yes
Driver-Side Inner Door Panel Yes
Font Seats and back seats Rears yes, fronts with a bit of work
Cruise Control Switch Think so maybe
Saab Emblems Not the rear
Rear Brake Rotors/ Calipers Yes, but get the rear hubs too
Hand Break Assembly Yes
Shock Absorbers Front/ Back Pretty sure only rear
Trunk Lid Mechanically yes, but electrically not great.

I have put my best answers in red. Ok, red didn't work, but I put my answers in black after you parts list.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome thank you so much, you helped so much! thank you, one more question, do the front and rear bumpers fit? im trying to make my 900 look like a 9-3

1 - 8 of 8 Posts