SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what everyone's opinion is on Saab parts availabilty in the United States. I am due to purchase what will be my 3rd Saab (a 2008 sportcombi wagon), and am wondering whether I should be at all concerned about future parts availability. I have called a number of dealers and have heared everything from "run for the hills" to "don't sweat it". Would you buy it?

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
This debate will rage on, with people stacking up on both sides. Maintenance parts will be aorund a long time (brakes, shocks, etc.)

Interior and exterior trim could be a problem down the road. But there will always be junkyards

I guess what I worry about the most is major engine parts.

Also, there will always be more 2.0t and 2.0T parts than V6. I would think XWD would be the hardest to find, more rare.

So, take care of your car and it should last 200K. I've got 109K miles on a 2004 Aero and no issues other than suspension and normal wear parts.

There is some risk. Personally, I'm going to get me another in a few months. What else can I get for $10-15K that has 220-250+ HP, fun to drive and fairly economical? Some richer than me will talk BMW but you won't get much BMW for this kind of money.

I'm also going to look for a car with 40K-80K miles

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Well, pre-2008 models will be easier to find parts for, but it all depends on which part.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts