SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I've made my way through the many pages of the "aftermarket wheel thread" but haven't managed to see many 9-3'son other marques OEM rims.

The nuvo's that were popular are a bit like the A8's which are all over the VAG scene.

I've found a couple of pics of 9-3's on 19" Merc AMG 5 spokes which look very cool, but haven't seen any on Audi rims.

I'm specifically thinking of the RS6 / S Line style ones in 18 or 19 inch. They the chunky 5 spokes ones by the way. They'd fit with spigots and good old wobble bolts. I'd replace the caps with Saab ones as they quite simple in design and kind of look like a bigger, chunkier version of the vector rims I currently have.

I did consider going for a set of 18" xp5 (I think they called) from the newish shaped vectra but once again not seen any on a Saab.

Thanks in advance for any pics...

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Not 100% sure, but I think you'd have an issue with most genuine Audi wheels having the wrong centre bore diameter, The Saab diameter is 65.1mm where most, if not all audi rims have a smaller bore diameter, something like 57mm I think.
This is from memory and I may be wrong.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No your 100% right about the centre bore, it would be replicas I'd be looking at as I suspect many are made with a large bore and then spigots used to get the size correct. (I may be wrong hence why I can't find any pictures!)

That would make the Merc option make more sense as their centre bore is 67mm I think?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.