SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Issue started with power windows occasionally not working but then would. Now windows not working as well as indicators, heated seats and a few other things.

Looking around a lot of people say it is the ignition module located under the key barrel. My question is, if I replace this do I need to recode things?

I can get parts out of a wrecked vehicle, what parts do I need to swap over?

Any help appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
You have checked ignition relay and shrink connector J58?
Both are under dash.
If you replace ignition switch, you do not need to reprogram anything. Remember disconnect battery first.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Did someone spill coffee on your center console? How did you make out with changing the ignition switch? If you still have problems with the windows after that, I had a similar situation while driving across a few states after I had changed the ignition switch and couldn't find Saabs in the yards I stopped at. The solution was pretty easy. Pop out the window switch from the console and take it apart being careful not to get the parts mixed up, Scrape the connections clean with a knife and put it back together. Put the cover back on and snap it back into the console. At least, it worked for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts