SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day All...

Here's my completed iPod project. I used the Saab OEM Aux cable (Part # 32 000 103, cost = $35); a RadioShack male-to-male headset cable (cost = $5); and a cell phone holder (also from RS, cost = $20). You can see my iPod mini mounted in the phone holder. My dealer activated the AUX function via Tech II for FREE. To power the unit, I'm using my previous Monster Cable iCarPlay ($70), so I can also use the iPod to my wife's Expedition. The iCarPlay fits nicely at the base of my additional cup holder. Other posts have indicated a whine when using power from the auxiliary power ports...I don't seem to have that problem :cheesy:. My next project will be to add a satellite radio unit, which also should fit in the RadioShack phone holder. (For those new to the AUX function, search this forum and/or visit etadyne.com for excellent detailed instructions, etc.)
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Very clever! By the way, the "faux brake lever" attachment (plastic opposite the emergency brake), is that a dealer replacement? What is it for? I remember the saleswoman telling me they could replaced with other parts, but thats the first i've seen. Thanks!


76Saab99 said:
G'day All...

Here's my completed iPod project. I used the Saab OEM Aux cable (Part # 32 000 103, cost = $35); a RadioShack male-to-male headset cable (cost = $5); and a cell phone holder (also from RS, cost = $20). You can see my iPod mini mounted in the phone holder. My dealer activated the AUX function via Tech II for FREE. To power the unit, I'm using my previous Monster Cable iCarPlay ($70), so I can also use the iPod to my wife's Expedition. The iCarPlay fits nicely at the base of my additional cup holder. Other posts have indicated a whine when using power from the auxiliary power ports...I don't seem to have that problem :cheesy:. My next project will be to add a satellite radio unit, which also should fit in the RadioShack phone holder. (For those new to the AUX function, search this forum and/or visit etadyne.com for excellent detailed instructions, etc.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
193 Posts
inertia93 said:
Very clever! By the way, the "faux brake lever" attachment (plastic opposite the emergency brake), is that a dealer replacement? What is it for? I remember the saleswoman telling me they could replaced with other parts, but thats the first i've seen. Thanks!
That's the smart slot cup holder. Other options include CD case and ice scraper.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Looks good, thats my ideal set up right there. Do you think you can post a link for that cell phone holder, that looks perfect.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cary...

The cell phone holder is from RadioShack. I got it a year or so ago; sorry I don't have the packaging or stock #. But go to RS and see what they have; the bigger stores usually have an ample selection.

I just ordered an XM radio (Delphi Roady2) and it should fit nicely in that phone holder, too!

Phil
76-99
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Cool! Thanks. I might check out cd holder or ice scrapper (though its 90 today)

EP Doc said:
That's the smart slot cup holder. Other options include CD case and ice scraper.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, JNGold....I followed your link and the ProClip does look good!

As in most of life, all things are a compromise. I'm going for utility as well as a clean look. The RS clip (shown in thumbnail) has adjustable arms, so it will hold either my cell phone, iPod, or XM radio. The button on lower left of the holder, pops the arms open to their widest position. By squeezing on the arm tabs, you can adjust for desired width. The arms have foam inserts that hold a device snuggly in place. And there's a nice notch at the bottom to accommodate a power connector. I'll probably use the cell phone and only one of the other toys at a time, so I may need to come up with another holder...and the ProClip might just be in my future.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Is tha toyurs?

Do you have any better pics than that?

Interested to see where it sits.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top