SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking to replace my worn interior in my 900 for some time and I have finally found a junkyard with a bunch of Saab's. My question is are the interior panels and seats from a 9-3 convertible compatible with the 900? They offered it all for $350 and I want to make sure everything will work. I am changing out all. The tan parts for black. The seats do look like they have a difference rail system but can I mount he seat itself to the rails I already have?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
I've been looking to replace my worn interior in my 900 for some time and I have finally found a junkyard with a bunch of Saab's. My question is are the interior panels and seats from a 9-3 convertible compatible with the 900? They offered it all for $350 and I want to make sure everything will work. I am changing out all. The tan parts for black. The seats do look like they have a difference rail system but can I mount he seat itself to the rails I already have?

This was discussed very recently, I think welding and bracket skills are necessary..
The body shells are nearly identical...but with 2,000 changes...

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have done exactly this! and the entire interior, capets as well.

The door trim, rear seats and side trim in the rear will just bolt in. However I have yet to fit the upright part of the rear seat as I can't work out how to swap the lock that is in the top of it over to the new seats.

The carpets are differnt as on a 93 they sit on top of the seat mountings which are welded to the floor of the car. The front seat mountings are about 2" wider on the 93 and I made up some plates to bolt to the original 900 mountings. The 900 mouintings were then bolted to the floor and the carpet fitted over the top, this requires some trimming to fit round the seat mountings.

My original inteior was very bad, the front seats were badly split and cracked, and all the 900 seats I could find were little better and I came accross a low millage 93 that had been crashed, the end result was well worth the hassle

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm glad most of the interior swaps right over as I'm changing the panel and carpets out. I'm a little discouraged about the seats though I have a choice of a few 9-3s and 900s to take pats from but the leather in the 9-3s are in better condition. I don't want to bolt the whole 9-3 seats in because at least the passenger seat is non powered

·
Registered
131 Posts
You could do what I did and swap the cushion and back rest leather skins over and leave the seat frames from your 900 so no mods are required. I did this when I swapped the black leather from my manual seat 900s to my power seat 900se. It had tan leather and I wanted the black back but it was too much work/impossible to swap over the power seat gear to the non power seats. Taking the seat covers off requires patience and a delicate hand but it is worth the effort if the thought of modifying seat rails worries you.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My only issue with doing that is a few years ago I put a seat from a 4 door into my convertible and now it no longer has the lever on the side of the seat to flip it forward. I may see if I can unbolt the back of the seat and bolt it to my seat and put the 9-3 leather on the bottom part of the seat as you suggested.

Sent from my HP Touchpad using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
182 Posts
You could do what I did and swap the cushion and back rest leather skins over and leave the seat frames from your 900 so no mods are required. I did this when I swapped the black leather from my manual seat 900s to my power seat 900se. It had tan leather and I wanted the black back but it was too much work/impossible to swap over the power seat gear to the non power seats. Taking the seat covers off requires patience and a delicate hand but it is worth the effort if the thought of modifying seat rails worries you.
No you can't, the 93 seats are very different, and the shape is not the same, along with the lever to fold the seat forward is much higher up on the side so 93 covers will not fit on 900 seats. It's a lot less work to make two plates up to allow the 93 seats to bolt upto the 900 runners. I did forget I had to drill a hole on the inside runner of each seat as the rear bolt is about 2" rearward compared the the 93 one

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No you can't, the 93 seats are very different, and the shape is not the same, along with the lever to fold the seat forward is much higher up on the side so 93 covers will not fit on 900 seats. It's a lot less work to make two plates up to allow the 93 seats to bolt upto the 900 runners. I did forget I had to drill a hole on the inside runner of each seat as the rear bolt is about 2" rearward compared the the 93 one
Are the power seats able to be wired up? I'm sure the connectors are different but wiring is not a problem for me as long as someone has the pinout for both cars.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 8 of 8 Posts