SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have 9-3 SC 2005' 1,8t. The engine has blue injectors. I want change the soft and instal the LPG (liquefied petroleum gas instaation -I'm from Europe -its popular :) ). There is the problem with blue injectors ( its efficiency is 268cc ) so LPG instalation have looping issue. The injectors are nearly always open. So I want to swap it to green ones from Aero (efficency 352cc ). The construction of green and blue is identical. The question is : would i have to change anything in ECU??? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
You'll need to change a fair amount in the ECU. For starts the fuel:air ratio is different. There are a few posts here about the conversion.

You'll find more qualified help at trionictuning.com for something like this. There's not much Simtec-specific info around, though.

EDIT: IF your LPG kit is intended to use stock petrol ECU, like the Vialle system, everything inc. injectors comes with it. No ECU fiddling in that case.

·
Registered
8,843 Posts
You can swap injectors to green, but you need to swap Trionic8 sw to match them. Tex Trionictuning forum.

1.8t is B207e and Trionic8
1.8i is Z18XE and Simtec.

·
Registered
8,843 Posts
So 1.8t is scaled back 2.0t? Thanks.

Crazy marketing...
Yes. 1.8t is same engine than 2.0t, only difference is 25hp (ECU have both sw) and turbo gauge in instrument cluster.

Saab marked this way because they thought 150hp is 1.8 litre output.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts