SaabCentral Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
since my car has blown up on me....i am getting rid of a few things...

EDIT:- place them in the classifieds then please ;)

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
blew the motor...shops wants a riduculous amount ($2000) for the previous repairs, and says hes not responsible for the motor blowing up, even tho the timing was bad, and he said the "tapping" sound from the head is fine after a head rebuild and to drive it around till its fine...now hes *****in about it...im gonna wind up spending more money on repairing it than what its worth...so if anyone else needs anything from my car before i had him the title, let me know

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
saabkid37 said:
explain to me what exactly happened? if hes willing to sell a dead car for cheap, i may be in....
u dont wanna buy this car once they put a motor back in....i basically stripped everything off of it:roll:

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
saabkid37 said:
youd be suprised. cant you tell us what happened?
well i ripped the speakers out, ripped my guages out, so there holes in the dash, im takin the exhaust off, took the ecu out, took the DIC out...so w.e the shop does to fix it, so be it...i dont care, they jipped me...so im jippin them...i spun a bearing on the motor....told them to check it out before they did my head, they said if u spun a bearing the car wud be shot...so they didnt check it...and they told me to keep drivin it till the sound goes away, which is the stupidest thing ive ever heard from a mechanic....so i drove it, and it blew up on me

·
Registered
713 Posts
get a lawyer and you can have urself a stg 6 car!

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
if they did no wrong work and just told him to drive the car there is no fault on the shop...why you drove the car tho is another question.

·
Registered
713 Posts
well the shop saying to drive the car untill a un normal noise just magicly goes away is retarded. and driving it was stupid but hey

·
Registered
412 Posts
the ecu is fine....hes my friend....when his stage 3 was running perfect....it was running realli realli nice....but there has been an oil burning issue ever since he bought the car.....the shop told him it would go away...and the timing was off when they gave him back the car....and the hard knocking was the bottom end going out....he spun a bearing.,...im almost positive...but the shop should have noticed that right away....thats not exactly a sound u can misinturpret....but thats just the shop being lazy and not wanting to pull the motor out...;oops:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.