SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! Was reading an old thread about the 9-3 coupé and people were saying it wasn't offered in SE trim. So here's my 9-3 coupé SE 2.0 Turbo what's the difference between this and the Ng model?

·
Registered
16,871 Posts
You can check the VIN to figure out if it's really an SE. Someone could have installed SE emblems but it seems unlikely. I don't know if they had an SE coupe where you are but If the VIN starts with YS3DF, it's an SE. The base is YS3DD. You didn't post the year and that's important as well as country (maybe... if someone here knows something about your market).

Saab played a lot of games with options over the years so exactly what you'll find in an SE is never definitive up front. The possible options would include leather and heated seats, Automatic Climate Control, stereo amp/speaker upgrade, light body kit, spoiler, sport steering wheel, 16" wheels, and maybe some stuff I'm forgetting. Also, there may be engine differences in your market: The 8th character of the VIN identifies what motor/HP you have. If it's really a 2000+ SE, you should have the HOT motor, but check the VIN.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it's pretty confusing, it's a 1998 ys3df it's a Swedish sold car in Sweden, also states SE on my registration document too. Not sure if it has automatic climate control, maybe it does I just use the on off button. It's 155bhp 2l Turbo, IF I'm correct then it's the smallest of the turbo engines, very different to my 1999 2.3T 9-5 but surprisingly just as fast despite being nearly 50bhp down, all down to the lightness and rigidity of the body. It's on 16" alloy's, so I have the uprated sports suspension? Unfortunately no leather seats, but that's also a good thing in Sweden when it's-30°c leather is awful to sit on when it's that cold.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got acc and leather wheel etc, no wood though, seems Saab had soo many different varieties of each edition 😂

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I notice yours doesn't have a sunroof either. I'm almost positive every car that came to the States that was a 9-3, whether it was a 1999 with the B204 or the 2000-2002 with the B205 all had the retractable sunroof.

There were 3 (three) cars brought to the United States in 1999 as the 9-3 coupe with the SE trim. All were automatic. 2 Scarabe Green and 1 Silver. All coupes arrived with the B204L.
eSaabparts US Production Numbers

I just picked up the car I've been searching for, for several years. 1999 9-3 3 Door Coupe. 5 manual with black leather interior. 1 of 18 in Cirrus White.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts