SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I need advise soon on m issue with my saab, if anyone can help and comment. I love my car but it needs a valve job could cost around 5Gs. I'm not able to spend alot of time looking for a new car and don't' really want a "new" car. I have 93,000. miles on it it's a 2009. Any advise is welcomed.

thanks

·
Registered
9,660 Posts
It's unusual for a 2009 with such low miles to need a valve job. I suppose it's possible you got the last bunch of soft intake valves, but even still that should be a $1000-$1500 repair. I'm not sure where $5k comes from... Do you have an estimate from a shop? Or is that what someone you know told you?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's unusual for a 2009 with such low miles to need a valve job. I suppose it's possible you got the last bunch of soft intake valves, but even still that should be a $1000-$1500 repair. I'm not sure where $5k comes from... Do you have an estimate from a shop? Or is that what someone you know told you?
Hello, That estimate from from a foreign auto repair shop. IT seemed high to me. hardly anyone works on Saabs and I need other things repaired also. Need struts, fuel gage haven't worked in a while either and because I've been in in school and working for 3yrs i have put some things off. yes it is puzzling for this to happen at lower miles . I also had to suddenly replace the clutch & slave at 35,000. Im more thinking of just trading it in .

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'd find a good repair shop and see who they would recommend for a machine shop. On a trade in, I don't believe they are going to give you much and you'll use up the 3K. Why do you think, or "they" think a valve job is needed. Your car is a new car if it has under 100,000 miles on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts