SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 9-3 Aero Convertible. There is an issue with the soft top not able to close properly. The car always display close top before driving or close top manually error when driving. The issue is with the rear passager side lock doesn't latch. There is a 1/2" gap reminding on the passager side.The driver side is locked and no gap. I can lift the passager side a bit to confirm it's not latch at all. I checked the hydraulic fluid level, it's at the normal level between min and max. Can anyone help. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
8,889 Posts
You need TECH2 and run sensor testing.
Check also if there is bent rods.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked the top mechanism over the weekend. Doesn't seem any bent rods. Issue is that the passenger side doesn't latch the cover. Anyone has any idea where the locking mechanism is. So I can check if that part is function or not. Thanks!

·
Registered
8,889 Posts
You need TECH2.
With it you can run individually 6th bow cylinders and also check sensors.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I guess that's my only option. But I will change the hydraulic fluid first, I don't think it's ever changed from previous owner.

·
Registered
8,889 Posts
Why?
Hydraulic fluid do not get dirty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm new to this convertible thing. So I assume it won't hurt to change hydraulic fluid as maintenance item. I haven't do it yet. But I thought it won't hurt to do so. I might be wrong I guess.

Why?
Hydraulic fluid do not get dirty.
I saw some youtube

·
Registered
9,381 Posts
I'm new to this convertible thing. So I assume it won't hurt to change hydraulic fluid as maintenance item. I haven't do it yet. But I thought it won't hurt to do so. I might be wrong I guess.

I saw some youtube
You need to find a shop or a Saab owner with a Tech II (Saab diagnostic tool) and see what error codes the soft top module has stored. Given that you have checked the fluid level and it's okay, changing the fluid is not going to fix the problem, no matter what youtube says.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts