SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening all,
I own a 55 plate 1.8t 93 convertible which is showing an SPA MALFUNCTION on the display. I have done the listening to each sensor bit but it seems none of them are making the expected ticking noise. Not sure if its true but have heard that damp can affect the PDC module of which I have a spare. Trouble is I have no idea where this module is located, so any help in finding its location and how simple/difficult it is to change would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
8,791 Posts
1955 Saab 93 do not have PDC at all.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry mate, beg to differ my Saab does have Park Distance Control or PDC/SPA as it is also known on the rear bumper. Four sensors, and you can switch it on or off via the control panel on the dash. Also why would the message SPA malfunction appear on the same display when car is put into reverse???
I'm not imagining the fault, my car has PDC!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I said my car was a 55 plate I meant 2005/2006 as in VF55*** not a 1955 model, Saab didn't make the 93 in that year!!

·
Super Moderator
9,054 Posts
Mimmi..MY05/06...

it's SPA with saabs..wiring,sensor or module fault..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks aerojon, do you know where the module is located?? I suspect it is hidden away in the boot someplace??

·
Registered
8,791 Posts
Here in REAL world we do not care about your silly dishes.
Next time you should mention model year.
Saab 93 was introduced in 1955.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bored with you now Mimmi, unless you have something constructive to offer like the other members, stop wasting my time.

·
Registered
8,791 Posts
Stop wasting all members time and start to discuss with real words.
If you continue with your dishes, I highly suggest to get yourself to UK sites.

I am not mind reader, so I just answer question.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts