SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 2.2. TID 9-3 with 123,000 miles on the clock which has run faultlessly over the past years untill the clutch went 2 months ago. The clutch pedal went completely too the floor and clutch was always engaged.

I had the clutch and slave cylinder replaced which fixed it for a couple of weeks. After driveing the car for 30 mins or so the pedal seem to develop an amount of free play and the bite point gets lower. I took it bak to the clutch fittters who said it now needed a master cylinder which was fitted.

On return the car felt all OK but after 4 days the car now starts ok and clutch feels ok from cold but the pedal gradually develops the free play as the day developes. I will return the car to the clutch fitter this week but could do with some advice before.

Any suggestions???

Cheers

Jcb GT

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I have a 2003 2.2. TID 9-3 with 123,000 miles on the clock which has run faultlessly over the past years untill the clutch went 2 months ago. The clutch pedal went completely too the floor and clutch was always engaged.

I had the clutch and slave cylinder replaced which fixed it for a couple of weeks. After driveing the car for 30 mins or so the pedal seem to develop an amount of free play and the bite point gets lower. I took it bak to the clutch fittters who said it now needed a master cylinder which was fitted.

On return the car felt all OK but after 4 days the car now starts ok and clutch feels ok from cold but the pedal gradually develops the free play as the day developes. I will return the car to the clutch fitter this week but could do with some advice before.

Any suggestions???

Cheers

Jcb GT

Re-bleed the clutch Lines. It could be air in it causing a bubble

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
how is your brake fluid? Low? I do believe non TiD 9-3 uses the hydronlic fluid from the brake system for power assisting of the clutch... I don't know about the TiD but it wouldn't hurt to have a look.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts