SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced the ISM, Steering lock, among other things and still having problems. Is there anyway to deactivate and or remove most of that crap and just have an analog basic car? I don’t care about the alarm!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Know exactly how you feel. I was the same way, about 6 months ago, with my first Saab. Follow the expert (I am NOT one, BTW) advice on this forum and you'll be good to go. Saabs can be strange and intimidating at first
If it's a nice car, you like it and wanna keep it, you'll get it sorted out (may cost some cash, though).
You don't mention much about prior history, experience, etc. You're gonna need a Tech2 and hafta learn how to use it. That can be a challenge. But, it's a very rewarding challenge once your car is fixed.
I don't think you can bypass the ignition, short of putting a carbureted engine in the car with no electronic controls (not being serious). These cars are very complex electronically, contain many modules(computers) and everything communicates with each other. Did you know there's even a fiber optic network?!
Had to put a CIM into mine. Fixed all my issues. Wish I had done that right off the bat, but like you, I was looking for a "work around" that doesnt exist.
Good luck, whatever you decide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts