SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm well into my manual transmission conversion on my 1999 9-3. I'd like a little advice on replacing the brake pedal.

The manual one is smaller than the auto, that why the replacement is necessary. I've read up and it looks like brake booster removal is necessary. Upon further reading this might be difficult and require new seals? Is it really this difficult? Any way to avoid this?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to swap whole pedal assy.
You don’t actually have to. You can remove the pedal assy and then swap in just the pedal itself if you want. The trick is getting the assy out of the car.

In any case, I figured it out...

In case anyone is interested, for brake pedal removal:

Disconnect the shaft going to the master cylinder from the brake pedal. There is a little clip. If you figure out how it works, it’s easy to remove.
Remove three nuts bolting the brake booster bracket to the firewall. The nuts are accessible from the engine bay with proper socket and breaker bar. There are four bolting locations for the brake booster bracket, choose the three that are screwed into the studs welded to the brake pedal bracket.
Remove/loosen two bolts in the interior connected to the brake pedal bracket. These are really tough to get at, adjacent to the steering column.

Very similar process for the clutch pedal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts