SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just bought my first '03 9-3 and I was wondering if anyone had advice on the best interior dash cleaner. It appears that some of the matte finish on the dash is coming off. I don't want to strip any more away, but I would like to know the best way to preserve what I have. While protecting the dash from the sun's UV rays. Any advice would be appreciated, whether a way to repair what is coming off, or a product that will help protect and clean!

Thank you.

·
Registered
19,171 Posts
You're in the wrong forum... you need the 9-3SS forum for your car.

That said, if it's peeling, I would use water with a minor tinge of soap and a soft rag. Dry, then put on some 303 Protectant to stop future UV issues. Reapply regularly.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I use Turtle Wax products on the dash. Never leave a weird residue, seems to be doing the job for me as far as protection goes. Much better than Armor All.

·
Registered
19,171 Posts
I use Turtle Wax products on the dash. Never leave a weird residue, seems to be doing the job for me as far as protection goes. Much better than Armor All.
Not sure what product you're using, but whatever it is should have chemical UV protection. 303 has that... Armor All was never very good at it.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Enough chemicals and BS to buy in our lives already...I usually use spit and water, but that's just cynical me..

·
Registered
19,171 Posts
I tend to use simple soap and water for cleaning and other low key stuff... but I don't think you can protect plastics from UV damage without a product specifically designed for that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you very much for the help. It is greatly appreciated. I apologize to BobSaabit and everyone else for posting in the wrong forum.

·
Registered
19,171 Posts
NO problem on the wrong forum... but you'll get answers more in tune with your specific model in the correct one. When it comes to mechanical matters, you definitely need the correct forum since there are model specific issues that are well known to those in the matching forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts