SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,

My name is Matt and i am new to the saab world and i love it!
I bought a 2004 saab 9-3 ARC with 120000 miles on it a couple months back and i did all the normal tune ups like filters, oils, top offs, and so on and so on. Little did i know that saabs love to be in the best of conditions all the time.
I live in Gilbert Arizona and it likes to get 110 degrees in the summer time and my ARC does not like it at all so i have decided to do a complete tune up on my Saab. Here is were i ask Saab gear heads to come in and try to help me out. what things must i do to get my saab running like a champ in this heat? Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys
arcsaab

·
Registered
511 Posts
A few things. This is for the OG93 and NG900

You'll want the "Saab 9-3 Sports Saloon/Sedan, Combi & Convertible Workshop" ;ol;

But to get you started, either you are referring to heatsoak.
In which case a bigger intercooler might help.

Or there is a deeper problem.
While I don't have 110F weather, it's just 10F less at 100F and mine runs no problem. Even through 114F California on a trip with the A/C on it cruised right along.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hello Guys,

My name is Matt and i am new to the saab world and i love it!
I bought a 2004 saab 9-3 ARC with 120000 miles on it a couple months back and i did all the normal tune ups like filters, oils, top offs, and so on and so on. Little did i know that saabs love to be in the best of conditions all the time.
I live in Gilbert Arizona and it likes to get 110 degrees in the summer time and my ARC does not like it at all so i have decided to do a complete tune up on my Saab. Here is were i ask Saab gear heads to come in and try to help me out. what things must i do to get my saab running like a champ in this heat? Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys

arcsaab
Im gonna chime in and add 2 cents for what its worth. In that hot a temp, I would consult with the all so ever knowing Google about what type of oil to run in the summer. These cars get hot....I run 10w40 mobil 1 turbo diesel in mild climates (around 60F) but when it gets hot up here in Michigan..(its been over 100 for a week and 90% humidity) Even though I have 10w40, if I sit at idle for a long long time I can get the oil light flickering from low oil pressure. So I use 15w50 in dead of summer.

Might be something to look into.

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
All of us run 5w30, 0w40, 5w40 without any complaints, stick with the synthetic and you'll be good

Intercooler is what you need, its just to hot for a turbocharged car in arizona...
Do a search on the custom fmic (front mount intercooler) and read up on all the threads, it might be confusing at first but once you poke your head under your car to start tearing things out and put that big shiny core in... you'll figure it out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts