SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

Posting for a fellow Saab owner. They have an 05 9-3 ARC with 110km on it. The engine has had quite a shudder, like it is running on 3 cylinders but their mechanic confirmed plugs and power packs ok. The owner has spent quite a bit on maintenance and repairs and she doesn't have more money to put into it. Yesterday I had a look and it stopped and will not turnover.

SYMPTOMS:
- engine shuddering
- spitting oil out filler plug on top of engine
- very very rough idle, needs to be run at 1500 or stops
- at low idle 'Oil Warning' light shows
- won't crank - starter engages but engine won't turn.

I took the good new battery out of my car and still won't turn, it is like it engages but the engine just won't turn.

I suspect a timing issue and wonder if the problem is with the tensioner or chain?

Suggestions will be appreciated - she spent $1800 on brakes in Dec and $1100 on a service just before that so is reluctant to put it back in the shop.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been having the same issue with my '04 9-3 arc. It has all the same symptoms except for the oil leak (at least I haven't noticed any).

If you figured anything out please let me know.

Some other things to know, my car has all the injector coeds from a failed ECU so I know I need to replace that, just not sure if any of that is related or separate issues.

Thanks in advance to anyone that knows

·
Super Moderator
19,643 Posts
I have been having the same issue with my '04 9-3 arc. It has all the same symptoms except for the oil leak (at least I haven't noticed any).

If you figured anything out please let me know.

Some other things to know, my car has all the injector coeds from a failed ECU so I know I need to replace that, just not sure if any of that is related or separate issues.

Thanks in advance to anyone that knows
Replace the ECU before doing anything else.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts