SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...My air distribution knob (the knob to select defrost, floor etc) doesnt seem to be doing anything..It rotates but isnt doing anything behind the scenes. Where do I start and is this going to require taking the whole dash apart..Thanks..

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
There should be a "sticky" on this.

Pull the glove box and RS lower dash/console panels ..
With a strong light shining back there , you will see where the "toilet paper holder" broke and fell off...

This seems to have happened to a great many board members here..:nono; The air distribution box is distorted , causing excessive stress on the controls.
I wonder if this was ever fixed ??... in the newer designs..

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Just check out the sticky FAQ, these are full of good info

Try searching "HVAC controls" or similar.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Don't worry...

My whole head controls need to be changed out. stuck on blowing in your face, my spped controls, don't work unless you push and hold it down:cry:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Another issue..Maybe.

Hello...Thanks for all your help...Its the plastic toilet paper holder...Here is my next question..When taking the side panel off I noticed 3 modules for plug in that arent hooked up to anything..The blue one in picture was connected to the side panel and you can see the other 2 that are taped in place...You can also see the broken toilet paper holder in the background..Any ideas??

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8126&stc=1

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts