SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought a 2001 Aero (205 bhp) Convertible in standard trim with TCS. On reading various sites, and from my driving of the car, it definitely needs a suspension and/or steering upgrade. The Abbott site lists a Viggen rescue kit and discussions with the extremely helpful Giles at Abbott suggest that this kit plus a 17mm rear antiroll bar is the solution to all my problems. Any comments?
What do I need and where do I get the bits?
I have also found a number of sites showing ECU chipping. Which is the best upgrade ?
I am sure this has been answered a hundred times, but I am a real novice with these cars

·
Registered
704 Posts
as a convertible owner, i heartily second those two suggestions. as far as suspension mods go, i'd follow them with an antiroll bar and poly bushes on the front suspension (the latter made a bigger difference for me than i thought it would).

abbott has a couple thing genuinesaab doesn't, which makes it useful, but GS charges far less for most things (compare the steering rack brace price on both sites).

in addition, a note on the bushings - the poly bushings from abbott are said to be a little squishier than the equivalent parts from GS, which makes for a smaller effect, but possibly less vibration and noise (i prefer the GS ones, but that's just me)

finally, on the subframe brace - definitely get the 6 point one, the 2 point brace doesn't do nearly as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts