SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

i own a 2004 9-3 Sedan 1.8t. Lately it has been acting very strange.
The computer switches off randomly during driving. That means the dials go to 0 and the displays all switch off. After a couple of seconds it switches back on as if nothing happened. Also random error are displayed (Airback, ABS, Reverse Beeping thingy (forgot what it is called, sry), Passenger seats are not locked etc.
Now also the trunk will not open anymore and the rear turn indicators do not work anymore.

So far, the ignition lock has been replaced, as well as the CIM and the battery.
Nothing helped.
I am finished with ideas so i thought that maybe someone here has any ideas what i can try.

I am very much against scrapping the poor car because the electronics are acting up :(

greetings,
Skofgar

·
Premium Member
20,436 Posts
Pull battery and inspect wiring and connectors under battery tray.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That dial thing going to zero and resetting was fixed on mine with an update to the SID with the Tech-2.

These multiple electronic faults could be connected to faulty battery wiring.

·
Premium Member
20,436 Posts
The loss of trunk and taillights also has me worried it might be a fusebox issue. Check you fuses while you're at it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for the ideas.

Concerning the battery:
The battery is new and the wiring seems to be ok. Is there additional wiring under the fuse box or battery tray, as Diggs mentioned?

I will also check the rear fuse box as soon as i get the trunk open.

greetings,
Skofgar

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.