SaabCentral Forums banner

9-3 2000 Driver side Air Bag short to positive

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Zoolo 
#1 ·
The auto electrician scanned and gave this diagnoses:

Driver Air Bag Short to Positive
Driver Seat Belt Short
Internal ECU Fault: Error Code #B1605

Our Saab 93 2000 (the VIN number says 2000 but is registered to 1999) was borrowed by a friend and when they came back the Air Bag light was on.

I think they adjusted the seat and tripped the wires, as sometimes the light goes off while driving (breaking or going round corners).

Looked under seat seems to be ok, should I unplug some wires and see if the fault is with the connection?

#2 ·
First go with the easy check - unplug your under seat connectors - then reconnect them. They tend to get a little corrosion and that can cause the issue. I have had several cars with various airbag lights...cured by this method. I also find if you get real adventurous - take the seat out, while it is out - spray the connectors with electric connector cleaner, apply dielectric grease - then refit. Plus a great time to clean out under the seat!

#8 ·
Had a closer look today, couldn't figure out how to unplug plugs to seat, looks locked with red slider of some sort.

Did notice on passenger side the a smaller plug not connected that was connected on drivers side, it was next to yellow connecter but was green and grey, looks like it goes to set belt.

This made me wonder if in New Zealand because drivers sit on right side that codes for driver side are really telling me about passenger side.

There was a lot of cat hair under the passenger seat, also while car was running jiggling passenger wires makes airbag light go off and on (which sometimes happens while driving round corners).

Will take to Saab dealer to have a look with auto electrician.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.