SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I got a P0245 code for my 10 9-3 2.0T SC with 109K miles with BCB Stage 2 tune. It is pity much I need a new ECU. I talked to BCB, they need $650 to buy their ECU, and they will clone my tune in there. The thing hold me back is that they told me these ECU only last 1-2 years. I definitely do not want to go through that. Is there a better alternative anyone can lead me to? My points is I drove my car 10 years with a new ECU and I want to replacement something last another 5-10 years. I just replaced new set of tire and going to refresh my suspension in next month. I want to keep this Saab as long as possible.

·
Registered
982 Posts
ECUs last as long as they last. 1-2 years is a scare statistic.

·
Super Moderator
19,951 Posts
Still on my original ECU.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Diggs I'm from Houston. It is hot down here. The turbo get heat soak in summer easily.

·
Super Moderator
19,951 Posts
yup

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
650$ to clone an ecu, they must be kidding, find one from the junkyard, put it in a box along with the old one and Ship it to me, provide a return shipping label and i will do it for free.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
650$ to clone an ecu, they must be kidding, find one from the junkyard, put it in a box along with the old one and Ship it to me, provide a return shipping label and i will do it for free.
$650 is for the refurbished ECU and clone the tune I bought from them. Thanks for the offer. Do you need Tech 2 to clone the ECU?

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Refurbs are junk in my experience, mostly fails out of the box or within few months.
Used one are the way to go.
Tech2 will not clone ur tune, it can program a used ecu with stock tune.
Try canflasher and obdlink SX To clone ur tune.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I got a P0245 code
Since you haven't gotten P0201-4 codes, have you checked that the boost control valve isn't actually broken?
Sage is < 1/2 price of BCB including used/tested ECU.
If you have a laptop, OBDLink SX is $40, CANFlasher is free.

·
Registered
2004 Saab 9-3 Aero Cabrio
25 Posts
Wait... if we have a P0245 Wastegate solenoid circuit A low, how did we jump right to condemning the ECM? What diagnosis has been done to reach this conclusion?

·
Super Moderator
8,872 Posts
^^^ god knows,just done a search and ever post which has p0245 also has the injector codes which is toasted ecu..

Code on it's own is just the charge valve..

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Actually, I am looking at Autozone print out it has P0201-04, P0245-06 . The lady just told me the code P0245, because it get the P0245 on the top of Definition.

Code P0245 indicates that the Turbo Wastegate Solenoid 'A' circuit had low voltage for a predetermined period of time. Found a local junk yard has a ECU for $150.

·
Super Moderator
19,951 Posts
Yeah, ECU is bad.

Reactions: htowniman

·
Registered
982 Posts
Ya, ECU is dondi drano. Don't operate by the standard OBD II generic code meanings. Check the WIS to see what they actually mean for this car. P0245-6 are not waste gate codes, they are for the charge air solenoid valve.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts