SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
9-3 -03 strange engine sound after Coldstarting

Hi people!

Just wondering if anyone else having this strange noice right after cold starting, it's sounds similar as if you were heading fast in reverse, like some denser whining perhaps. It's hard to explain but it fades away after approx 2-4minutes drive just as the motor temp starts rising. No ticking or that kind of sound also not cold weather outside either. The noice follows engines rpm.

Would be very pleased for some answers or ideas! ;ol;

9-3 ss Vector 11.500 swedish miles big service made recently.

Thx in advance..

/Nightwish

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Welcome to SC..

aux belt tensioner or sai pump..
Thx man!

I thought about the sai problem too but shouldn't it run for only 30sec or so?
And the noice im having persists much longer.. Just a thought :roll:
The aux belt was changed recently, thing is i don't know if it's a problem or not. Or if it's a normal
noice for this car model at cold starts!? Could it be oilpumping sound before the oil has been fully pumped
around the engine?

/N

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone else got some more ideas? I have checked the tensioner belt and also
tried to listen around that area but the sound is not from there.

The sound follows rpm, and i think the sai-pump is electric and should not follow rpm, also hear the sai-valve shut off after 30 sec. The sound fades away exactly after 1,5-2 minutes drive every day, and engine temp has just start to rise a bit. So the sound also seem to be indepedent of the engine temp. Could it be a oil pumping issue of some sort that makes this Whining/moaning noice? or gearbox? I got automatic gearbox.

Thx

/Nightwish

1 - 6 of 6 Posts