SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the Saab side but have been into Subarus for a number of years now. I actually stumbled upon an ad for a 9-2x aero for a nice price so I'm considering it.

What I'd like to know is how compatable are the parts on the Saab vs. the WRX. I know it has the same engine and the different steering rack and stiffer springs etc etc. But what I'm really asking is will I be able to buy WRX parts and fit them to the Saab no problem.

I'm wondering about the drivetrain, the suspension work, bracing. I want know know if it uses the same gearbox and rear diff as a WRX. Also if the suspension knuckles are the same so that WRX struts/springs, coilovers would mate up with the knuckles and the strut tops, front and rear. Swaybars same positioning over and under exhaust.

Exhaust routing? Same?

Also wondering about different bracings. crossmembers, control arms, fender, strut towers.

And brakes. Are the brakes compatable to the Subaru 4POT system?

Awesome, any other differences you guys noticed that are worth pointing out would be great.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Aside from body kits, everything switches over no problem. I even heard of WRX guys switching their front ends to the 9-2x front ends.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Yep, I've seen a linear with STi suspension even. Seems like a bit of a waste to me! :lol:

·
Registered
351 Posts
probably deters thieves, and or people who feel they should get something for nothing.... I had a mountain bike stolen that way from my school.... camera's there all over the place didn't do anything to do so. A 9-2x looks better than any new or even the newest subaru any of the week....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts