SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have seen a lot of adverts which have 8v engines yet they are g even h reg cars, also some of the g and h cars still have flat front headlight etc considering the facelift was in 87 exept for a few i would have though most would have all been sold in the 86-87 year as i had an 86 flat front,8v, Dreg and my wife had a 86 slope front 16v, and i saw a G reg 5dr with windowhandle blanks in the front with electric windows, standard electric doorcards in the rear.were there lots of oddments used, or were they all old stock, it just seems there are lots of variants to be a bad garage mix up repair??:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
G reg 8V, certainly, although H reg must be very very late indeed ... or the dealer just found some in the warehouse, or something. Again, 1988/1989 pre-facelift sounds very late, unless the flat front were retro-fitted by one of the many owners of such a car. I don't think dealers would have shifted flat front cars that late, so quicky repairs by a former owner maybe?

There were a lot of "Special Editions" around 1988/1989 across the world which appear to have the sole purpose of getting rid of 8V engines. Some of these "Special Editions" don't even have the same specification across the range ... like you mention with the electric pack.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts