SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 89T CV is having issues with hesitation/jerking whenever I start to accelerate around the 25-35 mph range i.e. getting onto a highway. i have taken a look around the forums and am guessing it could be a bad fuel pump? I'm hoping to get it into a shop ASAP but thought i would ask around here and get some opinions, Thanks!

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
is it on hard acceleration or gradual or both??, what gear, does it happen any other time;ol; what gear are you in when you join highway, as if in 5th at that speed it will

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it is mostly on hard acceleration and it seems when just gradual it will almost hesitate but won't, you can actually feel it in the car. The hesitation or jerking is always in 1st gear (I have an automatic) and when I get on the highway and doing 60-70 it seems ok but you can feel it doesn't have AS much power

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oil level is good, about another 2k miles before changing. I'm pinning it down to a fuel filter/pump. When I was on my way home from work the other day the car stalled on the road, I was able to restart it and pull into a gas station and then limp home from there. Smoke was coming from the rear of the car maybe blackish smoke but not real dark. When I was at the gas station it stalled out twice and idle was very low.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
I'd consider replacing all ignition components if you haven't. Old /worn ignition components can cause high speed missing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts