SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Owning the same car for 40 years. That guy has saved a lot of money, but at the same time missed out on having a better car and experiencing others.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Owning the same car for 40 years. That guy has saved a lot of money, but at the same time missed out on having a better car and experiencing others.
It said he bought another Saab 4 years later -then had a dealership.
But yea, I had a Mazda for over ten years...

·
Registered
147 Posts
It said he bought another Saab 4 years later -then had a dealership.
But yea, I had a Mazda for over ten years...

You know what I'm talking about then.

I'm a long term owner also. I've got a VW Jetta (work car) that I've been driving since 2003. It gets kind of old shifting those same gears over and over.

·
Super Moderator
2,869 Posts
I actually just had a conversation with a customer today about owning a car for a long time. She said "Well I love upgrading to the newest models, keep up with the rest of the neighborhood and keep with the times. What do you drive?" I told her I have 6 Saabs, and I could imagine driving each of them till the end of my life. They have all I want, and I think will surpass a lot of vehicles as long as we keep burning dinosaur blood. I need nothing more, Saab works for me. She was an Audi driver (I owned a B5 S4 so I can stereotype :cheesy:)

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I have owned a lot of cars and cars from virtually every major brand, but I will always have a c900. It's the most right car I have ever owned. I have a 1980 5-door I have owned since 1998 or 1999... Sadly my 1990 SPG (purchased around the same time) was killed in 2009 by a careless driver. Owning a c900 for 40 years would be a no brainer if it weren't for other drivers. :(

·
Registered
221 Posts
I actually just had a conversation with a customer today about owning a car for a long time. She said "Well I love upgrading to the newest models, keep up with the rest of the neighborhood and keep with the times. What do you drive?" I told her I have 6 Saabs, and I could imagine driving each of them till the end of my life. They have all I want, and I think will surpass a lot of vehicles as long as we keep burning dinosaur blood. I need nothing more, Saab works for me. She was an Audi driver (I owned a B5 S4 so I can stereotype :cheesy:)

I agree. There is no new vehicle that matches a SAAB 9-5 Estate. The closest is a TourX, but it is still missing heated rear and front ventilated seats. When you find a great vehicle, why jump around?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts