SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't know if this belongs here or the other side. Just some stuff I needed to get off my chest.

My 89 SPG arrived Monday night!!!!! The seller of the car has a family member who drives a truck hauling autos down south so the saab was dropped off on the way. I pull up at the truck stop and he hands me 2 things, the front spg molding from the pass. side and a flat tip screwdriver used to start the car because the keys were twisted and cracked. This was never mentioned or disclosed before I purchased the car. LOL, so begins my adventure.

This is the first time I have bought a car off Ebay and to be honest with you, I will probably never do it again. My main complaint is that the mileage was listed on the auction as 106,000 , but when I got the car it was 167,000 miles. I called the guy and asked him about it and he said "Oh yeah, I noticed that a few days ago, that was a mistake on my part" This conversation is two weeks after I purchased it and after many emails and phone calls back and forth. I asked him about the interior and electronics before I bid on it, and he said the seats were in fair shape, other than that it was clean and the electronics worked. WORKED and CLEAN being the key words here, Like WORKED when it was new or, the knob turns or the buttons push in and out but they control nothing, or CLEANED as in CLEANED OUT of the car and no longer there.

I was told the power windows needed to be hooked back up, translation- You will need to go buy power window switches as they aren't in the car anymore, oh and good luck finding the wires for it because they arent there either. I just found out yesterday that the ac system has been removed from the car completely.

The car needed the headlights hooked back up. I talked to him on the phone and asked him what he meant by hooked back up. His response was "The bulbs just need to be installed, all the wires and everything else is there", Translation- The drivers side headlight is not attached to anything, it is just sitting in the housing and can be pulled out by hand. The plug for the bulb is gone, and just the wires are dangling there. While i was looking at the headlight i notice that the grill is held on by one screw and all the other mounts are cracked off. I called last night and asked him why all this stuff was never listed on the ebay auction and was told..."I didn't have the time to list everything that was wrong with the car"... "Its a 16 year old car. What did you expect? It drives good and is fast". "All this stuff can be fixed in a few hours". The one rust spot on the door, as listed in the auction description, has spread in the time it took the car to get here and has now grabbed ahold of the fenders, interior bottom of both doors, wheel wells and the rear end above the bumper.

The Interior trim pieces off the drivers door and various other interior parts are missing, called him again and was told "I have a lot of parts for the car in my garage that I could "TRY" to find for you"... Really? you are actually going to give me all the parts to the car that I just bought from you? Oh well, its a SPG and I love it. Just not happy about the sellers actions.

Can I post some pictures, in the near future, of parts on the car and get some help finding out where they actually belong?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Sorry bout all that. Thats why I stick to dealers/cars i can see first

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
I agree, a nice lot of feedback is required I think. Still, I'm sure you'll get it all fixed up - it just might take a bit longer than you thought. It's fine to post pictures of it - there's a sticky at the top of this forum on posting pictures.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I'm going to get it fixed up. It will take a lot longer than expected but it should be well worth it. I can't find it in me to turn my back on a SPG ;) .

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
well that proves that i am DEFINITELY buying a 900 through my relative. i can get a WORKING car cheap and i can service it at his place before driving it home. that proves i wont be using ebay. and i was gonna get a powerbook off them too. apples computers have come to suck :evil:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts