SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all im in the process of doing a restoration on our trusty old convertible that we have had for years. Now with that being said let me just tell you that this car has been through quite alot but never seen a winter!! :) So what im getting to is that we had a little rain storm one day and it flooded the interior of the car and that was 12 years ago and it is time to redo the interior. my father bought another convertible to exchange the engine and transmition in one of our original 900 turbo hatchbacks, top and interior are going into the convertible!! the seats and everything are pretty good but i mentioned to my dad that if we are gonna do this we should just spend the money and replace the carpetiong but much to my dismay the carpet isnt available on thesaabsite.com so what im wondering is if anyone has any idea what i should do to get my hands on some new carpeting or if im just going to have to have it custom made.

·
Banned
3,949 Posts

·
Registered
5,673 Posts

·
Banned
3,949 Posts
Look at the carpet re dyeing thread on here. It's just been resurrected. Cheap and easy. 30 bucks.
or spend $50, get lint free carpet thats looks 100x's better than OEM and wont fade again sometime in the future.

Dyed carpet in many cases is only a temporary fix. yes it can stay for a while but I wouldn't hang my hat on it.

Let's see if the OP of the carpet dying thread can provide updated photos. the proof is in the puddin as they say.

Choices Choices, try to lean towards permanent repairs so you wotn have to worry about it for another 20 years or so..

Best of Luck to the OP....

·
Registered
18,382 Posts

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
B202 I really like what you've done with your carpet. But if someone wants to keep their carpet original, putting new carpet in isn't an option :)

That's the only angle Im getting at. :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts