SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I typed out a really long post and saabcentral lost it...so this one will be a bit shorter. I'm considering getting 87 900 Turbo Manual Convertible. I'm a pretty good mechanic. I owned a 98 NG900 prior so I know a little about Saabs. I wanted the general opinion if this is a good or bad idea. The guy says it runs fine and only issue is gas gauge doesn't work. I don't mind working on vehicles but I don't want a money pit that I'm never gonna get working properly.

How is getting parts of this car?

Anything special I should look for when I check the car out?

Thanks for your help - J

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
What are you trying to accomplish? What sort of condition is the car in? It's a 30 year old car... it's gonna have some needs.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just want a cheap fun summer car. I don't mind working on vehicles. I am willing to expect some unreliability...I will only be using it in state. I wanted to make sure I could get parts and there wasn't some fundamental issues with this year vehicles.

I feel comfortable doing a normal inspection/test drive and avoiding the obvious things but I'm assuming the issues I faced with my 98 NG900 aren't going to apply to this car.

Thanks for any input

1 - 4 of 4 Posts