SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 99 saab 9-5 which i have had to replace pcv hoses on, i arent worried, they dotn cost much, but now it seems i have an oil seal/possible head gasket problem and oil leaks from my engine.

Could this be coevered under that new warranty? Saab sent me a letter about the engine warranty, i jsut wodnered if this could be covered as i dont really want to pay if Saab will pay for me, lol

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
btw does it matter abotu the milage on the car or does the warranty just go by years?

G

·
Generally it would appear that warantee claims are for completely shredded engines or re-accouring blown turbo's. I am not sure they would entertain just a leaky head gasket. If you have put in a stage one ecu upgrade you will have voided any implied warantee, if its a BSR ppc you may be able to take it out. Its most likely to be loose head bolts. :confused:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
when my taxes eventually come back (i hate the IRS) i will be getting the BSR PPC and a Garrett t014B in that car. Even with 106k miles my engine is strong. I love Saab quality. Its refreshingly different and better than German quality.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts