SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Faded Molding

Hello:

Your car looks great. I waxed mine yesterday and had the opertunity to get very critical about it's condition. The black plastic on my 9-3 is has faded to a dull gray. Is there anything I can do about restoring or replacing it?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,698 Posts
Lionsgraphics,

Please tell me where you bought the little clear blinkers. I have seen the ones on genuinesaab.com and others around here but they look more smoke than clear. Yours look pretty clear. I am interested in a set that is more clear.

Thanks!
 

· Registered
Joined
·
11,099 Posts
The blinkers that Taliaferro Saab (GenuineSaab) sells, which are the factory ones, are clear. The lens is clear, but there's a piece of black plastic behind it, so they look clear from some angles and smoked from others.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
487 Posts
stealing the thread.BUT ITS FOR A GOOD CAUSE!

i noticed a few new people on here from maine. check out the saab event's thread at the top. were having a dyno day in june.

back to the thread. i'm gonna have a friend of my dad's detail my car for me. it's back and the paint is in pretty bad shape. i'm gonna have him buff it out for me and al that stuff. it should look 100% better after that!
 

· Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Erin'sSaab said:
Hello:

Your car looks great. I waxed mine yesterday and had the opertunity to get very critical about it's condition. The black plastic on my 9-3 is has faded to a dull gray. Is there anything I can do about restoring or replacing it?
thnx everyone for comments.

I say buy an exterior plastic restorer cleaner protectant (look for these words). Spray it see how it goes. It should make it shiny. If not i dunno what to do. :(

Tboy said:
Lionsgraphics,

Please tell me where you bought the little clear blinkers. I have seen the ones on genuinesaab.com and others around here but they look more smoke than clear. Yours look pretty clear. I am interested in a set that is more clear.

Thanks!
nopes, they're smoked. They look very good on black car.

telreranreoid said:
i noticed a few new people on here from maine. check out the saab event's thread at the top. were having a dyno day in june.

back to the thread. i'm gonna have a friend of my dad's detail my car for me. it's back and the paint is in pretty bad shape. i'm gonna have him buff it out for me and al that stuff. it should look 100% better after that!

Good luck on buffin your car. Speaking of mainers. You guys are all from southern maine, and i'm in gorham at least 3 times a week. We should meet and grab a beer or smthn. seriously.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
380 Posts
One thing that always cracks me up when I see US-spec cars is that "object in mirror are closer than they appear" on the mirrors.

Don't you guys have driver's ed?? Are the driving licenses being handed out randomly?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
910 Posts
enor said:
One thing that always cracks me up when I see US-spec cars is that "object in mirror are closer than they appear" on the mirrors.

Don't you guys have driver's ed?? Are the driving licenses being handed out randomly?
It's because of the over-litigation happy people in our country. Same reason why McDonald's coffee cups say "CAUTION!!! HOT LIQUID!!"

love it!
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top