SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
I can hear

I can hear the can opener prying the top off the "can of worms"... I am going to listen to the doors "the end" and then come back to check the thread. "This is the end....."

·
Banned
631 Posts
its never "too early" to change oil./ think about it this way. The more you change it the less chance you have for it to break down / harm engine / etc.

I change mine every 5k

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I change mine every 7500mls... There are a lot of differing opinions as to when to change the oil in the 93's. The arguments are that changing too early is a waste of money as the fully synthetic oil that we use is capable of high mileages...hence the recommended 15k / 18k (whichever it is)oil changes. I suppose it's down to the individual and the type of driving they are doing and how well they care to look after their motor.

If you do a search for 'oil change' I think you will find many threads...some with posts from owners who have had their old oil analysed..... makes for interesting reading and helps you make an informed decission.

·
Banned
631 Posts
synthetic oil + filter = $50

hmm not much money if you ask me.

people who change it @ 10k are probably be alright depending on driving habbits.

ill stick to my 5k intervals and have my engine last longer ty very much

·
Registered
299 Posts
easy:

do your oilchange exacly when the engine manufacturer tells you so.

not "when other people you have heard of" do so.

what does the manual say?
30000km i believe...

·
Registered
307 Posts
I am doing the 5-7 k oil change on this car using Mb 0/40 or Saab Turbo oil.
On my 95 I was changing it religiously at every 3k's,(using Mobile 0/40 full syn) which was every month and half with my long commute.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
its never "too early" to change oil./ think about it this way. The more you change it the less chance you have for it to break down / harm engine / etc.
it's never "too early"? sure it is...when the factory fill oil has additives to aid in proper break-in. i didn't wait for the full interval to do my first oil change, but i wasn't about to change it in the first several thousand miles like some people i know.

·
Banned
631 Posts
bauklo said:
easy:

do your oilchange exacly when the engine manufacturer tells you so.

not "when other people you have heard of" do so.

what does the manual say?
30000km i believe...
HAHAHAHAHAHA oil changes every 30k? ROFL!!!

when it comes down to it you take the cake. Yes, they also want your car tob low up too ;)

Honestly it doesnt hurt to do it more often. Why the F**k be cheap and not take care of your engine. Oil changes are not that expensive.. the more often you do them, the less chance you have damaging the engine itself. COMMON Sense.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts