SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I was hoping to enlist some help from my friends here on Saab Central. I haven't been around for a couple of years. I bought a barely affordable house (thankfully with a fixed rate :lol: ) and had a 2003 Saab that was about to be out of warranty, so I figured that in order to make sure that I had dependable transportation and zero repair bills, I basically made an even exchange on a demo VW with a certified used warranty.

Well, things have changed in the last couple of months, and I have been promoted at work and received a corresponding raise. In addition, I received a very generous holiday bonus. On top of it all, my very satisfied client has also convinced the principal in my firm that I should become an associate (5% ownership share with 1% growth over the next 5 years). As a result, my financial picture has become much different than when I sold off my beloved Saab and I think that I can justify selling my 2 year old VW to get back into a Saab.

Now to the good stuff. I fell in love with the 60th Anniversary Edition cars and their equipment level. The dealers around my house in Pittsburgh don't have any left with a 6 speed manual. The dealer I went to claims that they can find one for me, but I know I am going to get hosed on the deal without direct contact with that dealer. Does anyone on the east coast (i'm willing to travel) know if their dealer has any 6 speed manual 60th cars left? I know I am probably about two months too late, but I thought it might be worth a shot! Thanks in advance to everyone and a happy holiday as well.

·
Registered
759 Posts
black_linear said:
Ok, I was hoping to enlist some help from my friends here on Saab Central. I haven't been around for a couple of years. I bought a barely affordable house (thankfully with a fixed rate :lol: ) and had a 2003 Saab that was about to be out of warranty, so I figured that in order to make sure that I had dependable transportation and zero repair bills, I basically made an even exchange on a demo VW with a certified used warranty.

Well, things have changed in the last couple of months, and I have been promoted at work and received a corresponding raise. In addition, I received a very generous holiday bonus. On top of it all, my very satisfied client has also convinced the principal in my firm that I should become an associate (5% ownership share with 1% growth over the next 5 years). As a result, my financial picture has become much different than when I sold off my beloved Saab and I think that I can justify selling my 2 year old VW to get back into a Saab.

Now to the good stuff. I feel in love with the 60th Anniversary Edition cars and their equipment level. The dealers around my house in Pittsburgh don't have any left with a 6 speed manual. The dealer I went to claims that they can find one for me, but I know I am going to get hosed on the deal without direct contact with that dealer. Does anyone on the east coast (i'm willing to travel) know if their dealer has any 6 speed manual 60th cars left? I know I am probably about two months too late, but I thought it might be worth a shot! Thanks in advance to everyone and a happy holiday as well.
Search on the SaabUSA website for dealerships out here....then call them on the phone and see what they have in stock. Most of the 60th anniv are gone...I was at my dealer last week and saw nothing but 2008's on the lot.

Also several dealers out here have websites where you can lookup their current inventory, so you can look there too, but best is to call them b/c often they don't keep their sites up to date.

·
Registered
253 Posts
2 months ago I was looking for a 6MT 60th.. I was told back then that there were like 4 left in the country (or maybe it was east of the Mississippi), which was confirmed by an independent broker. Dealers wouldn't budge below retail on them b/c there were so few left. Add on the transportation cost to ship several hundred (or thousand) miles and you lost all the value of the 60th pkg. :(

Mike

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
i was also looking for a 60th but the dealer said what most dealers said to me, that they were long gone, i am not surprised, they were wonderful cars.

·
Registered
248 Posts
The dealer will try to sell you what HE has on the lot and won't look for one anywhere else. Our dealer told us there were none but we searched and found one in Victoria and made him bring it in. We would have just gone to Victoria to get it ourselves but there is sales tax there!

I'd bet you can find one.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I don't have any great advice on how to find one, but I just wanted to say congrats on your recent successes, thats really great news.

·
Registered
128 Posts
All vanished

saabexprt said:
Nationwide there are 5. PM me if you want dealer names.
Last ones in the Harrisburg/Philly/Northern DE area were snatched up over 2 months ago. You might want to check the Boston area. Seems I located an excess there before I bought mine. Good luck and hope you land one.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Pgh dealer stock

I also live the Pittsburgh region - I know the Monroeville dealer has only 1 '07 9-3 2.0T left. It's an automatic, though...it's pretty nice, lots of options, lists for $33.5k. I was considering it for my wife, but we're too far apart in price yet to make me jump on it. Did you try the other dealer in Wexford? They seem to have more stock.

There are incentives that the price down a minimum of $4k.Maybe since you were a former Saab-ite they'll throw in the $1000 loyalty bonus?

Good luck, and good to get you back soon into the fold, prodigal son!:p

·
Registered
124 Posts
You'll get the most bang for your buck by simply calling dealers to check their real-time inventory. I went through the same thing when looking for a 20th Anniv 'Vert earlier this year as I wanted a 6spMT. After being told by 3 dealers "none left West of the Mississippi", I found one 500 mi away in CA. The $10K savings was worth the $100 plane ticket to go get the car :cheesy: . Good Luck!

John

·
Registered
588 Posts
Cliche` said:
Theres a 60th anniversary car at Saab of Milford, not sure on the trans, though.
I think they are all autos though, and they were rather snobbish when I tried to do business with them last month, and they definitely weren't budging on price.

I bought somewhere else.

What about luxurymotors.com?

·
Registered
803 Posts
joemama said:
I bought somewhere else.
Good. I was just pointing out that there's one there, but I would never condone doing business with them. There are a couple nice guys there, but most of them are terrible, and the sales and service managers are snakes.

Oh, and they like to rehire techs after said tech showed up for work completely wasted and passed out in a customer's car while the customer was waiting.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Cliche` said:
Good. I was just pointing out that there's one there, but I would never condone doing business with them. There are a couple nice guys there, but most of them are terrible, and the sales and service managers are snakes.

Oh, and they like to rehire techs after said tech showed up for work completely wasted and passed out in a customer's car while the customer was waiting.
So, there aren't any good techs there?

Listen, I have no where else to go. That is it.

Hey Black Linear, congrats on the promo and all that comes with it. Happy that you are back, or soon will be back to Saab ownership.

I hope you do find a 60th annerversary.

·
Registered
489 Posts
personally I'd go with a Turbo X vs the 60th aniv. model especially for driving in the 'Burg given the hills and snow.

Jaime

1 - 16 of 16 Posts