SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. I was talking with people from maptun the other day and apparently they sell now supply a 6 speed box for 9000 which supposed to hold up to 1000hp. They say it is louder a bit but it is a racing gearbox which doesn't break. The price I got was somewhere around 3000$, but I am not exactly sure.
Have anyone heard about this?

Just wanted to share it with the powerful community.

Klim

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Roseisle will be offering one soon, a 6 speeder with Quaife internals is on test as we speak. Its got 515hp and 500lb.ft torque going thru it so it better be good!!
Oh, this is top secret so keep it quiet ;)

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
That would be so nice, if I had a 6 speed tranny I could not break on my 9k aero I could let my 3076 run free:cool: A strong 9k tranny would be a god send...

John

·
Registered
166 Posts
I blew the pinion shaft through the bellhousing on my '97 9k aero tranny and Im now on my second one. so I would like to see a stronger tranny. :)

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am not sure if it will fit a 9-5 but I know that it is around 3000$, and the rebuild one by erickson is 1500$, so it seems to be about twice as much, which I think is not a bad deal for high powered saabs, because it will buy itself out on the second stock tranny.
I also like the fact it is a 6 speed, because most of the cars now have 6 speeds.

Klim

·
Banned
5,841 Posts
Is it a totally new box? as in new case and internals?

Will they ever make one for the c900 or do they know all c900 owners are fuss pots and cheap:lol:

·
Registered
692 Posts
6 gears and super tough! For me 'noisy' would be an issue - but depends how noisy. A long 1st, close ratios up to 5th and then an overdrive 6th along with a slicker change would be perfect too..

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Any body in the UK rich enough to buy one of these :cry: who aready has a LSD 9000 box in 4.05 to 3.61 final with a post 94 bolt partern - please get in touch if your looking for a home for your old box.
cheers

·
Registered
830 Posts
skint said:
6 gears and super tough! For me 'noisy' would be an issue - but depends how noisy. A long 1st, close ratios up to 5th and then an overdrive 6th along with a slicker change would be perfect too..
This exactly describes my thoughts on the matter.

What are the odds that this new transmission is going to be available for the oddball '91-93 engines, though?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It would be a bit taller all around then the 5 speed I think, Ill get the exact ratios later. The 6th gear is definitly taller then the current 5th. You can hit 200mph no problem with it. It has LSD but not Quaife. Everything is new, hand assembled, including the box itself, because a lot of times it is the box which gives and cracks.
The tranny is in testing right now, they say over the time of next month they will try to break it witht their 600hp 9000. If it will break, they will go back to the drawing board and redo it. If it won't then it is up for sale. So, just hold on one more month :D
It only will fit a 9000 though. At least for now that's the only thing they offer.
So, if you are out of US just contact maptun representative about in a month or so, ill give you updates on it.

Klim

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, as I said they are still testing it, and I just talked to them and say said that still couldn't break it...so, probably in less then a month it should come out...ill keep you guys updated though:)

klim

·
Registered
302 Posts
see I would get it just for the six speed because 5speed overdrive is annoying to me don't get me wrong on that and I think that I would save gas on the highway also

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Do you think it would fit in my 1990 9000 CD? As far as my Transmission goes, it's got no problems. But I am sure since it has 193,000k miles on it, it will eventually go, assuming a previous owner didn't drop a new tranny in it. Anyway, I may want to start saving now!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts