SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a 6 cyl muffler fit on a 4 cyl car?

I ask because they are cheaper and look as if they would flow better with the two tips.

·
Registered
185 Posts
A few months ago I purchased a brand new twin tip muffler off kijiji for 50 bucks. It looks just like any saab 9-5 muffer so i figured it would fit. Turns out the mountings are different at different locations/heights and I cant hang it up on my car.
I think muffler compatibility has more to do with what year your car it is, than what engine you have. My car is a 2006 and it did not work.

·
Registered
9,380 Posts
I had one of these installed on my '03 Linear. It fits fine (after making the bumper lip cutout, of course). Make sure that all your exhaust hangers are doing their job. After they were all checked and the slackers replaced, the exhaust pipes centre nicely.

·
Registered
9,380 Posts
A few months ago I purchased a brand new twin tip muffler off kijiji for 50 bucks. It looks just like any saab 9-5 muffer so i figured it would fit. Turns out the mountings are different at different locations/heights and I cant hang it up on my car.
I think muffler compatibility has more to do with what year your car it is, than what engine you have. My car is a 2006 and it did not work.
From the guy in Brampton?

Do you still have the muffler? I don't think I need a spare, but....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts