SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would take out my 6 CD Changer and try to sort out the skipping problem now the weather has got colder... and it has started to skip again. Well I got it sorted.... all you have to do is mess about with something you know nothing about...break it then go to ebay.com..or .co.uk and find a new one...buy it..wait for it to arrive...fit and and hey presto..no more skipping !!! :cry:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Ambi,

I take it there was no divorcing/marrying of the CD player required?

Mine has done this from day one (well, they do all seem to do it when cold) but lately it skips when the car isn't even moving.

If the unit is simply plug n play I might consider swapping it - I've got to have something to drown out the new rattle from the passenger seat SAHR mechanism!

·
Registered
381 Posts
As far as I know if you are swapping like for like there is no Tech2 required.

If you were swapping a single CD player for the 6 Disc version (or vice versa), you would have to go via Tech2

·
Registered
497 Posts
How much did you end up paying for it. Mine started skipping again the other day too.

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
Ambisaab said:
all you have to do is mess about with something you know nothing about:cry:
Prithee expand on the details, my good friend.

I've always planned on cracking this baby open one day.

Unfortunately I'm currently on hiatus, soaking up the Florida sunshine, fluctuating between states of idleness and focused non-productivity.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ctrlz said:
Prithee expand on the details, my good friend.

I've always planned on cracking this baby open one day.

Unfortunately I'm currently on hiatus, soaking up the Florida sunshine, fluctuating between states of idleness and focused non-productivity.

Cheers!
Well I'll post some pics of the old player when I get time... well at least what is left of it !! I had to cannabalise the thing to retrieve my discs. It all went pear shaped when I thought that maybe the plastic discs on the disc drive could be slipping and bent the carrier arm a 'midges' to try and add some pressure to the the CD... DON'T DO THAT !!!!

I came across a brand new 6CD changer on ebay.. it cost me £197.00 inc P+P... I have seen them go cheaper but I was so *issed I just wanted to get it up and running again! A 2nd hand 6 changer went the other day for £115 plus postage

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where can i get a new one...I looked on Ebay and i could not find any. Replacement 6 cd changer. I asked by dealer and they told me i cannot get an exact replacement from them.
Any ideas?

Ambisaab said:
Well I'll post some pics of the old player when I get time... well at least what is left of it !! I had to cannabalise the thing to retrieve my discs. It all went pear shaped when I thought that maybe the plastic discs on the disc drive could be slipping and bent the carrier arm a 'midges' to try and add some pressure to the the CD... DON'T DO THAT !!!!

I came across a brand new 6CD changer on ebay.. it cost me £197.00 inc P+P... I have seen them go cheaper but I was so *issed I just wanted to get it up and running again! A 2nd hand 6 changer went the other day for £115 plus postage

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
trinityever said:
Where can i get a new one...I looked on Ebay and i could not find any. Replacement 6 cd changer. I asked by dealer and they told me i cannot get an exact replacement from them.
Any ideas?
Try car-part.com when ebay fails.
Pull your old changer and verify part numbers with anything you buy. I noticed listings on car-part often call ehu, amp1, amp2, icm either "amplifier" or "radio," meaning they don't know what these things really do. So you gotta verify part numbers.

Prices run about 25% of new from dealer.

·
Registered
299 Posts
ctrlz said:
Pull your old changer and verify part numbers with anything you buy.
i second that:
i am getting a new changer because i get a CD ERROR whenever the player gets warm (when the player has cooled down some it will work again).

the dealer ordered the wrong player, so i will have to return to the dealer a third time...

but i am really glad i am getting a new changer!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts