SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crap first post. .

My track-star neighbors stole my silver 1986 900 saab! Now I'm sobbing over the saab. The punk who stole it hangs out at a chop shop on leary way on salmon bay in Freemont. I've been reeconing it and it looks to be a safe house of some sort. You'd never notice this place unless you were looking for it. I want to bust these rats. Any advice on how to proceed before I get stuck with a screwdriver?

It has a trailer hitch on it. If you have info please call four two five two eight six four five five niner

I hope we can be reunited soon.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Crap first post. .

My track-star neighbors stole my silver 1986 900 saab! Now I'm sobbing over the saab. The punk who stole it hangs out at a chop shop on leary way on salmon bay in Freemont. I've been reeconing it and it looks to be a safe house of some sort. You'd never notice this place unless you were looking for it. I want to bust these rats. Any advice on how to proceed before I get stuck with a screwdriver?

It has a trailer hitch on it. If you have info please call four two five two eight six four five five niner

I hope we can be reunited soon.

guns. Lots of guns....I'm sorry for your situation :(. I'd be heart broken!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My car showed up two blocks from my apt. Geez everyones advice is simply point a gun in the suspects face that is SOOO not the way to go. Fear tactics arent the way to go.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
guns. Lots of guns....I'm sorry for your situation :(. I'd be heart broken!
Correct first emotional response ,BUT, in the long run, this never works.
May a good psychiatrist will have the answer..
The thief, sadly, could be a total loss....:x;oops::cry:
They MUST be caught young, very young.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
This is a joke right? Your car is stolen and you know who did it and where it is. But you never call the cops?

Makes sense to me. I know some folks find me find me hard to understand but?

Or, you just think it is in the garage, or back yard?

·
Registered
261 Posts
....brought back some memories....

....when I discovered that my son was "holed up" in a crack house several years ago...and after i had called the police dept to tell them where to find him,(there was a warrant out on him)...they told me that they were not interested.....I did a VERY stupid thing, I grabbed a baseball bat, slipped my 45 into the small of my back, and went to pull my son out.
I was successfull, and very,very lucky. My son much later told me that there was a gun pointed at my head in the next room....I guess that I had seen too many John Wayne movies and didn't think. Yes, I know that it sounds like a bunch of b.s. mixed with macho bravado, in reality, my stupidity almost got me killed, but my son learned alot about his dad that night....
Allen Jackson
LIFE IS SHORT, EAT DESSERT FIRST

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
When it's your kid and you feel powerless. At least you made it out in one piece and someone may read this and think twice.

Let the PD do the "recon" and stop by to ask a few questions. They just may have been looking for the right moment and credible person to do pay a visit.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Yes.....

....you are right. I don't do the John Wayne thing anymore....but when it was happening, I was in a moment of incredible clarity, everything slowed way down, I don't remember what I said, but I DO remember the guy that I had against the wall had eyes about as big as pie plates!
You know, i'll bet that if all of us were to look back at some of the things that we've done...some on purpose, some not....I think it might kinda scare ourselves to realize just how close we came to cashing it in.
I would suggest that a good thing to do is thank the Universe for the opportunity to read this. I'm not getting preachy, just my beliefs. (but I sure wish I had "spell check" on my computer)

Allen Jackson
LIFE IS SHORT, EAT DESSERT FIRST

1 - 10 of 10 Posts