SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just returned from a 6,000k hot tropical drive from Sydney up to the reef to catch up with some family over Christmas. This was my first long country drive and I was a bit worried as I had plenty of problems over the last 24 months. (They include and oil and coolant loss but took a gamble with a head re-torque, fuel pump replacement, A/C clutch, steering rack and ABS computer repair ~$150).

It was mainly highway with some town commuting and touristy conditions. 3 adults and absolutely packed with luggage.

It went like a charm and its WAY better at speed on the highway than around town. The MPG was very impressive. It now feels alot more responsive and the tip of the exhaust is like new.

Total trip 6127k's, Average speed 78KPH, ave MPG 31.7 or 7.4 L per 100 k's, maximum real range on a tank was 907k's (just!) top speed briefly was around 155kph, that ding-ding sound (set @ 120kph) and the cruise control saved me lots of times from speed traps. No loss of any fluids.

The only problem is the passenger footwell is soaked.

2 possibilities. 1 night it was parked at an angle on a steep hill facing up the hill and it poured heavy rain around 4" or 100mm's. Or maybe because it was humid and hot the A/C leaked condensation. It was on the whole way.

I checked the 'elephant trunk' and there was a little debris but not much so I am suspecting the A/C condensation.

Any clues?

Cheers M.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This was from Munki I think.

"Update: I called M-N-M Saab (an indy in the atl area) and the 9-3 guy was nice enough to tell me what to do. Behind the glovebox toward the inside of the car there is a big black box (not really square) where the condenser is. This is what collects the condensation, but where the cover on the door side meets the rest of the box is a foam seal going all the way around it. This seal is the cause of the leak, and with a bit of silicone, its finally dry. Now its time to de-stinkify my car :lol:"

Cheers M.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Your baby is running well.

Good advice from Munki.

Check both the drains and the cabin filter as necessary.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts